Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Steffi inside me !

I abhor Ra in the tennis court. I loathe him up to the verge of strangling him then and there on the green gleaming court. I really mean it, no jokes, its as grave as ... I dont know what, but I am sure Ra knows its gravity.

We havent started playing games yet, we just practice, he himself is no master of the game but somehow he has cultivated this fallacy that he is coping up with my bad game ... and to my shame he realizes me @ my every single shot that his game is deteriorating because of my game ... and the height is he really thinks he could have participated in this US Open if I were not his partner ... and I am sure he cracks jokes on my game in all his friends circle grrrr!!!

All this shit started a month back, I was gone for my driving class (yeah driving class, this is a big story itself... I will be writing a blog about it soon) and when I came back, to my surprise, Ra had this black color tennis racket in his hands ... a wao! This allured me so much that I soon found myself head over heels towards the nearest sports authority. There as usual we started with a great combat for the color of my tennis racket. He wanted me to buy a PINK color racket with a PINK racket bag and thank god there were no PINK balls else he would have made me play with the PINK balls too (I dont know where in the earth from he get these ideas). I won and we ended up buying a masculine blue color racket for his frail little lady who he always dream in baby PINKS ...

How to hold the racket training started much before our first historical entrance to the tennis court and then inside the court before hitting the first ball came his 'chaap' training (which I will never understand even if I will be given brains of Einstein to borrow). He has some kind of table tennis experience and till now he has never missed a single chance to apply his ping pong stunts on the lawn tennis.

Every day we came back with both of our moods switched off. I wanted him to be grateful to me since I was joining him in his tennis court after my office hours and after my everyday NJ to NY up n down trips and with the worries of what to cook in dinner bugs inside my already troubled brain cells ...

...and he wanted me to play tennis shots and not my irritating badminton and hockey and golf and everything else except tennis shots, he wanted the balls to hit in the middle of my racket but sixty percent of the times balls will hit my racket everywhere else except that wide middle spot of my racket and rest of the fourty percent of times I could not hit the balls. He kept analyzing that how do I manage to hit the ball incorrectly every single time.

We both could not understand each others sacrifices and passions ... he never felt grateful to me and I kept my badminton shots continued ... until yesterday ...

Yesterday alas for the first time after my continued struggle with the racket and balls ... I guess I played good yesterday, only yesterday! Miracle do happen sometimes! Rajib was finally sweating (I know how hard he always wanted to come back with a sweat wet shirt) and it was he who wanted to stop (for the first time) and not me, only yesterday! We both came back humming and dancing on a himesh reshmiya song after the game, only yesterday! He praised my food ... he praised my dress ... he even praised my driving, only yesterday! He hugged me and kissed me after the game, only yesterday! it was a great day, yesterday!

And before I end, le me confess few more things, you can ignore this section as this is one of those boring thanks giving speeches to be put in the end (I want to make every possible attempts to hide the greatness of Ra) Ra could have got a good companion and he could have learnt this game in a couple of weeks for sure (remember I told u .. he had his so called stupid TeeTee experience) but he choose to play with me and to learn the game togather ... he helped me in kitchen everyday, he understood very well where all I needed his support and his supporting self was there during this whole endeavor (ok ok its actually always there ... you guys are impossible!). He was hard on me but then he always wanted my best to come out of me ...

And I suddenly started compairing one of my (unfortunate !) antique ol boy friend who named me Steffi and this (fortunate enough to get me!) guy Ra who actually made me feel Steffi ... thanks Ra ... you are indeed my best boy friend ... I love u ummaaah !!!

love - Aru !

(Doesnt mean I have bacame good player now ... only means I have started hitting balls correctly ... and I understand theres much much more to learn ... wish me luck !)

1 comment:

Jubin Mundackal said...

Hey..nice blogging..real fun..BTW, hope you know me by this time..if not, dont worry i will write a blog about that...:)