Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tum Pukaar Lo ...

Pallu of her saari starts humming first by the touch of gentle gust and then goes Hemant Kumar sa ma ma ga … humm hm hm

There is something in this song that gives me goose bumps every time I hear it ... I wonder whether it is Hemant's velvettee voice or Gulzaars tranquil lyrics or Waheeda's eternal beauty or unseen Dharmendra's charm or the charisma of that pallu alone that creates all that magic; but one thing I am sure about is if intezaar thyself had any voice of its own it would have sung Tum Pukar lo ... tumhara intezaar hai !

My only complain with this whole song is why didnt they show me Dharmendra's face even once? Whenever I see the song I always want to go inside the screen and I want to turn Dharmendra towards the camera ... I wonder can any of todays khans create the same restlessness among gals without showing there faces even once?

Everytime I hear this song I fall into the state of some kind of silent intezaar and my ears expect to hear some distant pukaar yes everytime. I kept on maturing year by year ... boyfriends kept on changing ... but the link between this intezaar and Hemant Da's pukaar is like immortal ... for what I do not and neither do I wish to know.

Would like to put few lines of one of Hemant Da's bangla song ...

Amar gaaner swaralipi lekha rabey
Pantha pakhir kujano kakoli ghirey
Agami prithibi kaan petey tumi shuno
Ami jodi aar nai ashi hetha phirey
Tobu... Amar gaaner swaralipi lekha raabey

[The chords of my songs will be preserved in the tunes of the flying birds. The future world may listen to the tune of my melodies. Even if I do not return here ...The chords of my songs will be scored]

Hemant Da future world is indeed listening to your melodies and will forever be grateful to you for providing us such a splendid chords of songs!

No comments: