Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Why Indian Railways are better then NY Subways

I love our good old Indian Railways, more then any Airlines, any
subways and more then any other mode of commutation in the whole
world. And I have strong evidences to allow others to accept this
truth.

When first time I travelled in NY subways, I felt as if I am
sitting in a library, none of the co-passengers took the pain to
look at me even once, the one who looked at me was the one I have
been staring at since long but she just ignored my incongruous
stare with her agile smile, a smile thats extinct even before I
could smile in response, naah even this gives an impression that
she smiled long enough, I should write a smile that vanished even
before I started thinking about smiling back, and then this
flabbergasted lady gave me an ogle that etched in my mind for
long time. My prolonged smile (in just a response of her super
duper fast smile) probably gave her an impression that I am
laughing at her. I somehow applied an emergency brake to my
already started smile engine and handled the situation gracefully
by pretending to search something in my handbag and this was all
the conversation that I had in my first journey in NY subways and
this is how I collected my first evidence of why Indian Railways
are better then NY subways ...

my fellow Indian Railways passengers ... there eyes stare agog
whenever a new passenger boards in, eyes curious to know all
about the new passenger, aah how beautiful and innocent those
eyes are and before the train stops at next station ... my lovely
co-passengers will possess knowledge enough to write a biography
about this new passenger. And soon this new passenger will join
the team waiting for a new passenger to board. This is what I
call interesting journey ... you travel in sleeper class to enjoy
the journey more and travel without reservation to enjoy much
much more and be a girl to enjoy at its fullest!

NY subway people dont rush for the seats, my tongue touched my
collar bones when I saw that, can you believe it? They prefer to
stand in the subways, they prefer to finish there novels
standing, finish there makeups standing, I have seen people
making love also while standing ... come on man sit down and make
yourself comfortable, what is the hurry? They will say sorry's
when they touch somebody by mistake, will sincerely appreciate
when somebody gets down at his own stop and makes room for this
person's seat ... hah come to Indian Railways and get the second
proof of how Indian Railways are better then your subways ...

Here as soon as the local comes, people forget their own fathers,
they become Arjuna's of the kalyug, they cant see anything other
then that one vaccant seat, and then ssaalla kuch bhi karega for
that one vaccant seat. I loose all the fun if I dont have to
struggle at any single moment of my journey, boarding on the
train should be a battle, getting down a massacre and being on
your position for rest of the time should be a combat. This is
what you pay for during your Safar. My Indian railways teaches me
to be my original self (no sorrys no thank yous ... khali dhakka
mukki) it gets that wild animal out of me which these gores hide
within themselves and takes it out in more dangerous ways.

If a couple is sitting little comfortably in this NY subways
nobody disturbs them, they let them occupy four seats, two extras
for there future children, in case this fast moving country
couple gives birth to twins on the train itself bhai ... so let
them occupy foursome, they dont bother ... I cry with incredulity
... hey bhagwaan koi sadbuddhi do inhe ... show them how we sit
in Indian Railways, if three people are sitting in a three seater
... show them how to create a hullabaloo about it, tell them not
to worry about those future comming twins and show them how to
adjust the two presenttense kids with these six people sitting in
a three seater. My Indian Railways ... teaches me team work,
cooperation, tolerance and this is the third proof of how Indian
Railways are better then there Subways!

If a NY Subway is scheduled to arrive at 7:17 (I could not think
about any other odd sounding time) it will come at 7:17, neither
a minute here nor there, what do you understand by this kind of
timmings in Indian Railways? First thing is we dont have this
kind of odd timmings, our timmings are all managed in evens
beautifully like 7:20, 7:15 and next thing is even if you write
7:17 as scheduled departure, nobody will take it seriously, not
even the train drivers and hari jhandi waale guards ... 7:17
means 7:20 in India. This is how my Indian Railways teach me
world famous Indian timmimgs and this is one more proof of
superiority of our trains over NY subways. It doesn't runs in her
own schedules ... it takes care of aam janata's comfortability
too.

My list is endless ... and so is my love for this desi chuk chuk
gadi ... I love you Indian Railways !!!

(my babi should read this blog he will be proud to get an
adherent like me ... he s a driver of Indian Railways)

2 comments:

cloudend said...

Hi Aru,
Nicely written blog.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.