Tuesday, August 28, 2007

e-Rakshabandhan

We again had hi-tech e-rakshabandhan ... I called my bhaiyas over phone and sent rakhis and sweets via emails across the seven seas and I also sent some rakhi scraps on orkut ... and after all these busy rakhi moments I took some time out to remember those good ol days when we used to make rakhis by our own hands (remember supw classes during rakhi gals .. those reshmi dhaga and tooth brush nautankis?) I remembered our babyish chitthis that we used to write to our distant brothers ... I still remember some of the contents of those chitthis... bhaiya pranaam, rakhi ke avasar par aapko rakhi bhej rahi hoo, aap apane KAR KAMALO par baandh lijiyega ya bandhwa lijiyega whatever ... We used to send these chitthis with almost same contents to all of our bhaiyas (but handwritten, those were not the days of ctrl C and ctrl V) ... sons of bua mami chachi mausi ... every possible bhai!

... and then on the actual Rakhi day ... we used to have face to face rakhi with our other very vital bhais ... would you like to know who all ... I know you are not interested but plz allow me to tell you ... to name some ... the mango tree on our backyard which used to save mangoes for us from all the scandalous boys of BALCO, our bicycles which showed us the kona kona of BALCO, Papa's scooter on which the ride was more pleasant then todays across the sea rides ... our TV which used to save our exam score by just being switched off, books which somehow saved our minds from diverting to more terrorist activities, doors which saved us from all the perilous creatures of the earth ... all the bhagwaan jees who were ... will be ... and are saving us from everything evil in this world and to every thing else existing in our home and saving us from something somehow ... literally everything ... we used to celeberate rakhi so seriously that my mom used to worry we may put some rakhi in her food too ...

I can see all my above mentioned bhais live here blessing us with smiles ... and I can see those three pairs of small hands tieing rakhis to all of these bhais ... with the equal zeal of any other sister with a real bhai ... we do not have any brother ... but thanks Mom ... for never letting us feel down on this day!

love - Aru !

1 comment:

Avnish_Garima said...

Jst 1 thng is misng my role on rakhi dy!
Coz of mom-dad we strtd clbrtng thi fstvl in our own unque way w all those vital/inorganic bhais I used to tie rakhi 2 my siss.
Rmembr u both scratched your heads 4 some brilliant rakhi gift ideas,and that always turned out to some weird gifts:-)bttr nt 2 mention here.Its been quite a while since I've persnlly tied rakhi 2 both of u. Physcl distnc being the clprt here.However those chldhd memories r always thr wch can never diminish d sgnficnce of our rakhi day.