Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where is that winter?

Fall, its there ... can you believe it, it has already entered in my office campus, on the Garden State Parkway where I drive everyday, in my apartment complex, in Boston where I am going next weekend ... red, yellow and orange colors are tossed around almost everywhere, but not yet into my heart. I do not want to accept that fall is already here, I still want to be in warm sunny summer days. Not like I do not appreciate fall colors but thing is now I do not like what comes next to it, the gloominess of chilly winters.

Winter, season of energy, season of joy, season that I loved the most once upon a time. Winter filled with tons of pressure for the comming exams, winters filled with gulabi dhoop, winters filled with blood red carrots and curliflowers, winters of adarak waali chai, winters of Gudia solving crosswords in the front yard, winters of Niru sitting on Garrage sheets, winters of one single rajai and three sisters ... Where is that winter? Winters of my childhood?

Poojo aashche, Navratri Garba season, Dushehra, Dhanteras, Narak Chaturdash, Deepawali, Bhaidooj, Ekadashi than Half yearly Exams ... humn this all will come and go but I will be too busy to miss any of it celeberating Rosh Hashanah, Halloween, Columbus Day ... and the kinds. I will be eating Halloween candies when I am supposed to eat Deepawali Gujhiya and besan laddus, I will be busy shopping in Macy's and JC Penny when I am supposed to fire crackers, can you believe it, neither do I.

No comments: