Friday, July 4, 2008

Choti si kahani se, baarisho ke paani se ...

Its July 4th here in Jersey and its beautiful outside my window ... clouds have just halted after pouring and the leaves and the grass and everything else out there is like all fresh after a royal sprinkle ...

dhula dhula sa ...
khila khila sa ...

birds are chirping and its quiet a scene outside I tell you. While Ra is still sleeping and snoring strong ... I couldnt afford to miss this beautiful morning. And soon after getting up I found myself singing my heart out and quiet aloud ... without even a slightest concern for my neighbours or Ra's holiday sleep ...

aakhir tumhe aanaa hai ei eiiiiiii...
zaraa der lagegi
baarish kaa bahaanaa hai ei eiiiiii
zaraa der lagegi

Udit bhaiya ... you must be proud today haan?

Not like I dont know any other song okay buddy ... perfect for a morning this beautiful ... but this was the one which came instantly and there was no reason and no time to think for another one something like ...

lalaaaaa lalalalaaaaaaa
choti si kahani se
baarishon ke pani se
saari waadi bhar gayi
lalalala la la la
naa janee kyo
dil bhar gayaaaaa
na jaanee kyooooo
aankh bhar gayeee

par mazaak mazaak me aankhe sach me bhar gayi ... when I saw another window from this window of my apartment in Jersey ... that window is a window of house number 305, Sector One .. BALCO Nagar KORBA .. Pin Number 495 684 (Anybody wanna post a card there?) and there are these three pairs of small legs and hands hanging outside that window ... and there also it is pouring heavily ... but these three pairs are the ones who seem to enjoy the rain more than anybody else on the Earth ... Mom is yelling since the Sofa beneath this window is also playing in the rain with these three girls ... But neither the rains nor the sofa seem to care for Mom's squawking ... and the three girls ... ohh boy their pleasure know no limits today ... they are all busy in singing in the rythm of rains ... and they have no time to hear any other sound as useless as their Mom's. I cant hear which song they are singing ... but I bet that one is the most beautiful song !

Can somebody bring that song closer to me ...?

Its becomming misty ... I want to see those girls for some more time ... can somebody clear this fog please? I want to see what those girls are wearing ... I want to know why they seem to be the happiest girls of this planet? Are they waiting for 5 30 when their Papa will come back from office ... all soaked in water inside his khakhi raincoat and white helmet?

Or they waiting for their Mom's Pakora and adarak waali Chai?

Helllooo girls can you hear me ... what is it?

What day is it there? Can somebody return me that one small window and that one tiny moment please ...

lalalala la la la ... na jaane kyoooo ... aankh bhar gayeee !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good writing style, very poetic!

Unknown said...

Its lovely. It refreshed my old memories reminding me my childhood when i use to do masti will my lil sisters in the rain

Anonymous said...

Di...its vry-vry good.....realy it refreshed my childhood memories....u knw wht we[hm teeno bahne] used to do masti in rainy season.....nd abhi bhi krte hai...nd u hv writn dis all in a very poetic way......

Anonymous said...

Oh Aru. I can exactly feel what you are saying. Papa coming home from work in his Lamby (the green huge scooter...rememebr?), Mummy knitting and talking to padosi anuties, Neelu and I talking our hearts out...can anyone return those days????

Sreehari said...

Nice Wright
Nice Read